Wallpaper Mural/Murals: a large image such as a painting or enlarged photograph applied directly to a wall or ceiling.
Wallpaper/Wallpapers: paper that is pasted in vertical strips over the walls of a room to provide a decorative surface.
Wallpaper and Wallpaper Murals are innovative, imaginative ways to positively transform a room. Both add visual interest, depth, texture, and colour to any space. So, what's the difference between the two? Not much! These terms are often used interchangeably. However, there are a few subtle differences between the two.
What is a Wallpaper Mural?
Think of a wallpaper mural as a piece of art that headlines your home. It is pretty much a feature wall in your home that is customizable as per your liking and taste. Murals are a representation of you. Love cars? Have a lovely mural featuring your favourite car. Love outdoors? Have a marvellous mural inspired by the Amazon forest. In short, a wallpaper mural represents you and your interests. Wallpaper Murals are a great alternative to ordinary single-colour paint as they add character to your room through unique designs and templates.
What is a Wallpaper?
As the name suggests, Wallpaper is a material used in interior decoration to decorate the interior walls of your residential or commercial space. Wallpapers can come as plain, textured, with a regular repeating print design, or, much less commonly today, a single non-repeating large pattern carried over a set of sheets.
Difference between Wallpaper Murals and Wallpapers:
Wallpaper and wallpaper murals are slightly distinguishable, but you can use both in a room simultaneously.
Wallpaper murals are customizable and mostly digital printed to fit your space exactly, and they offer more personalization.
Wallpaper murals should be viewed as a piece of art. Unlike Wallpaper, wallpaper murals are large-scale designs made for your specific space.
Wallpaper murals look stunning in any room in a home, but it is tricky to figure out which mural fits the space you're putting it.
Wallpapers are standard and limited in their designs, scale, or colour. Still, one pattern can come in multiple colorways to suit various design schemes. In addition, there is a highly detailed and unique texture and depth with Wallpaper that is highly captivating and engaging.
One may have never presumed to have a wallpaper mural in your own home, but they are more available than ever. Employing a mural as a compelling statement is a quick, easy, and affordable way to change the look of a room. Decor2Go has many designs to choose from; you can find one to serve your decor. There's no need to paint a mural or employ an artist to do so. There are many photos, designs, and patterns to choose from for your personalized mural.
Wallpaper Murals are solutions that stick to your wall and give it a refreshed look. If you desire to cover all four walls, Wallpaper could be a more promising choice for a permanent solution. Wallpaper murals are easy to apply and replace. You can keep updating your wallpaper murals whenever you want to upgrade your room's look and perspective. It is as easy as sticking and removing new posters on a wall. Unfortunately, wallpaper and wallpaper murals installation is more complicated than a poster. Some wallpaper comes as a peel and stick, but Decor2go is not working with this type of material.
One notable difference between wallpaper and wallpaper murals is the material used. However, both wallpaper and wallpaper murals can be made using various materials.
Wallpaper Mural is made out of:
● Vinyl: Cast vinyl and calendared vinyl are usually used to create vinyl wallpaper murals. Cast vinyl is a delicate material that can provide bright and vibrant colours. Calendared vinyl is slightly thicker and reasonably suited for massive walls. Cast vinyl's thinness lets it turn corners or wrap-around columns a bit more generously compared to calendared vinyl. Vinyl wallcoverings are used primarily on commercial spaces and high traffic areas.
● Photo paper: Photo paper comes with a light-sensitive coating layer on top of it. The same layer entitles the article to produce photographic prints. Photo paper is excellent for interior wall murals with a photographic image or pattern.
● Canvas: Canvas is made from cotton or a cotton/polyester blend. Compared to vinyl or photo paper, which are smooth, canvas offers texture to a wallpaper mural.
● Non woven material is most prevalent in wallpaper and Wallpaper murals
Wallpaper is made out of:
● Lining paper: Lining paper wallpaper is the most basic Wallpaper. It is usually unprinted and plain. Its intent is to cover up marks in a wall rather than adding decorative value. It is traditionally painted or covered over with another type of Wallpaper.
● Grasscloth: Grasscloth is made of natural fibre (bamboo or hemp), pasted onto rice paper. It is not water-resistant and has a reputation for being more challenging to care for than other materials.
● Vinyl-coated: Vinyl-coated Wallpaper is better water-resistant than plain paper or cellulose options. It is typically used in high humidity areas, such as bathrooms or kitchens.
● Vinyl: Vinyl wallpaper is durable, water-resistant, and easy to clean, just like wallpaper murals.
● Velvet-flocked paper: Wallpapers with soft, fuzzy feelings are the ones that are coated with velvet on a standard wallpaper.
● Foil: Foil wallpapers are the ones that give a shiny output when clubbed with lining paper.
Some of these materials are unused, traditional, and/or non-modern. Wallpapers and Wallpaper Murals have come a long way now.
One might stick all four walls of a room, even the ceilings, with Wallpaper.
List of places where Wallpaper and Wallpaper murals can be included:
● In a bathroom at home
● In a kitchen
● In a living room
● In an office or conference room
● In a closet
● In a dining room
● In a bedroom
The most popular places in Commercial spaces to use Wallpaper or Wallpaper Mural:
● In the waiting room of a business
● In a conference room
● In a boar room
● In a living room
● In a dining room
● In a cafe or coffee shop
● In a restaurant
● In a store
● In a shopping mall
Both Wallpaper and Wallpaper Murals can be used in all the rooms/spaces
The designs on the Wallpaper are considerably different from the designs used to create wallpaper murals. Usually, custom wallpaper isn't an alternative. Instead, the patterns available on the Wallpaper are traditionally mass-produced and readily available.
Wallpaper murals do feature custom designs. For example, you can produce a wallpaper mural from a photograph or image of your choice.
Wallpaper and Wallpaper Murals can have long lifespans if we take proper care of them.
The care requirements for Wallpaper and murals vary slightly, depending on the materials. Some wallpapers are sensitive to moisture damage, so you don't want to get them wet. Others, such as vinyl wallpaper, can be cleaned with a damp sponge. You can usually also clean a wallpaper mural with a damp sponge. Avoid using harsh cleansers, such as bleach, whether you're cleaning vinyl wallpaper or a mural. Bleach and other strong chemical cleaners can damage the material.
We can brush the surface with a soft cloth or duster for daily cleaning. Vacuuming to remove dust should work too.
Decor2Go bring to you that no one else can? A completely original concept in interior space. We offer a broad range of options, including custom prints and designer wallpapers. Our solutions can make anyone say "Wow!" These can be printed with not only patterns but personal photos, gigantic murals, or any other concept. We bring to you custom pillows too for that finishing touch to your rooms.
Decor2Go has a portfolio that includes hotels, restaurants, and even museums all over Winnipeg. Thousands of happy commercial and residential clients have also experienced the stunning transformation when the job is complete.
Explore our designs to get mesmerized.